Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Right Load

Sister Shaha, Sister Serr, and Sister Walker posted thoughts on their blogs about Elder Bednar's talk. Looks like I moved out at exactly the wrong time!

My sister-in-law did a post about her bishop's Sunday lesson where he put ping-pong balls in a jar and says 'so you put the big things in first, but what if you get another big thing that doesn't fit' (like becoming Bishop, ha ha)? So he poured them into a paint can and then brought out a 5 gal utility bucket. He said the Lord wants to stretch us.

Like Elder Bednar said, none of us are capable of what is on our plate, (or in our bucket, or in the back of our truck). But it is our faith in Christ which raises our capacity to do the vital work of these last days in each of our individual missions.

I was thinking on Sunday as I was driving back from the kid exchange about how even God suffered so much that he could not bear it. In the Garden an angel came to strengthen him. Then, he stumbled with the weight of the beam he would die on, and an ordinary human carried it for Him. Really, if it is the right load, we are the ordinary mortals carrying his burden.

Even after all the weight he carried and the hardships he endured, he said:

29 Take my ayoke upon you, and blearn of me; for I am cmeek and dlowly in eheart: and ye shall find frest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is aeasy, and my burden is light. (Matt. 11:29-30)


I would love to hear anything else that the rest of you gleaned from it, or how applying his counsel has helped you in the past week.

0 comments: